Save Our Seabirds is located across the parking lot from Mote Marine Aquarium at 1708 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, Florida, 34236. Our Wild Bird Learning Center is open to the public every day from 10 to 5.
Our family-friendly admission is $12 for Adults, $8 for Children aged 4 to 12.
Show your current day ticket to Mote and get half off admission!
Our mission is to rescue, rehabilitate, and release sick and injured wild birds while educating our community about preventing injuries and preserving habitats. Birds that are unable to be returned to the wild are given permanent homes in our Wild Bird Learning Center.
We house over 120 birds in our beautiful three-acre Wild Bird Learning Center, which is essentially an outdoor “Living Museum” with fascinating educational signage.
Download our free App (Save Our Seabirds Interactive) from the App Store or Google Play before you visit! Then you will be ready to access our amazing new Augmented Reality signs, which make your smart device come to life with holograms, videos, and educational voice-overs in English, Spanish, or German.
Our goal is to establish a lasting, world class rehabilitation, education, and research organization that will continue to fulfill our mission for generations to come.
- Focuses on caring for Wild Birds
- Rescues Injured Birds in Four Counties
- Has a Fully-functioning Avian Clinic
- Provides Permanent Homes for Non-releasable Birds
- Is Open to the Public Every Day
- Offers Fully Accredited Field Trips for School Children
- Offers College Internships
- Offers Summer Camps
- Is a certified member of the Florida Society of Ethical Ecotourism (Gold Level)
- Holds a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, placing us among the top 10% of the tourist attractions reviewed on their site