Our Avian Hospital is open from 7:30 until 4:30 every day.
If you find a sick or injured bird, please call us immediately at 941-388-3010 and we will dispatch one of our volunteer rescuers as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you may bring the bird to us at the address below, which also has an After-Hours Intake Box located beside the back (hospital) entrance.
1708 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, 34236
- Find a medium/large-sized box and place a folded towel at the bottom.
- Ensure there are holes in the box big enough for airflow.
- Place the bird in the box and keep in a dark, quiet place.
- Keep the bird warm.
- Please don’t feed the bird.
- Leave the bird alone; don’t handle or bother it and always keep children and pets away.
If you find a BABY BIRD, please click here for more detailed instructions: If You Find a Baby Bird